Today was a good day for Adam. He went up 10 grams, still weighing in at 3lb 3oz. He is tolerating his feedings well and and getting lots of rest in the NICU.
This afternoon when I went down to visit, we began kangaroo care, which is skin on skin contact between parent and baby. Adam was put on my chest while his feeding was administered. It was very relaxing for the both of us and he seemed to enjoy it. Because we began kangaroo care today, I became the first person that Adam spit up on. How thoughtful of him! :)
Besides that, there is not much else to update on. His nurses have nothing but praises when I call the NICU, which is a real confidence booster when I'm stressing about our little man being so far away from us. I'm happy to say that Adam is progressing wonderfully. Let us pray that he continues down this path.
After kangaroo care, Adam apparently thought it was too loud in the NICU.
Thanks for reading!
Tiffany


im very happy he's still doing well. I am always thinking about your little man and praying for him. (and you and jared). Have they giving you am estimated date he may be able to go hom, or will it most likley be around the time your EDD was? just corious. <3....
ReplyDeleteMary theodorovich
daisymaydan22@aol.com
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=436538253