Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19

Good evening! Adam has been doing well today. I called this morning to see how his night went and the nurse had nothing but praises. Apparently we have a very calm little boy. He was weighed during the night last night and this morning I was informed that he gained 10grams, still weighing 3lb 2oz, which is good.

This afternoon I went down to Pontiac to spend some time with him. When I got there, the nurse informed me of the procedures that were done during rounds this morning and what the plan of action was going to be for the day.
His feedings were increased to 22ml/3hrs. Every third feeding, they will increase by 2ml until he maxes out at 30ml/3hr. Then he will continue at that rate until later on. Once he reaches 30ml/3hr, his IV will come out and he will only have his feeding tube. So, it is likely that tomorrow when Jared and I go to visit, our little man will be IV free!

While visiting this afternoon, I was able to help give Adam his bath. I was very surprised by how little he seemed to mind his sponge bath. (I was forewarned that he'd most likely cry because they don't like sponge baths.) He hardly minded being scrubbed down during and lotioned up afterward. Maybe it's because mommy was helping? :) Anyway, after his bath, I was able to sit down and hold him for about an hour and a half. It was very peaceful and relaxing.

Tomorrow evening Jared, his sister Jill and myself will be going down to see Adam. Can't wait!


Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment